Introduction To Doula Work
Are you interested in becoming a Doula but don’t know where to start? Or perhaps you are a new Doula looking for guidance?
This workshop will cover a variety of topics that will help you gain confidence that Doula work is for you, how it effects your life, how to be prepared, what makes your community different and where your local resources are.
Learn about what it takes to really have a thriving, healthy Doula practice. Provide Doula services that truly serve the community and its particular needs, but don’t drain you and your family.
Together we will discuss:
• What is your job as a Doula?
• Who is the modern woman and how can we serve her?
• What are the current statistics for birth outcomes in Vegas?
• What certification organizations and training opportunities are available to you?
• How long does it take to become a Doula?
• What traits does a Doula typically have?
• What tools does she need?
• What does life as a career Doula look like?
• What self-care methods can you use to prevent burnout?
Content is released weekly for four weeks, with 2 live calls scheduled every 2 months (recordings of past calls are uploaded). In addition to the interactive online training, you’ll receive four module .pdf's and handouts to further your education. Which has all of the topics we discussed, journal pages and activity sheets for you to use in your work.
This class is open to anyone in the community that wants to know about Doula work. Regardless, of whether they plan to be certified as a WRM Doula in the future or not. Taking this class does not guarantee you will become a WRM Doula, that requires an applicaton process.
Registration: $175 per person for the workshop & workbook